I cannot believe that our summer hookin is only a week away. I just wanted to post a few reminders:
- if you have registered but are unable to attend please let us know as we have a big group joining us
- we are now at the new location where the February Cabin Fever hookin was held i.e. North Crosby Community Centre 875 8th Concession Road just off highway 10 leaving Westport for Kingston(see the #1 on map below)
- please remember to bring your lunch – we will have drinks and baked goods and snacks
- please bring a mug if possible – this saves on a lot of styrofoam cups which take a long time to break down in landfill
- there is room for about 70 people indoors – outdoors there is a huge covered patio with picnic tables – if you prefer to sit on a chair or in the sun bring your sunscreen and a lawn chair and bug spray (in case) and enjoy the lovely lawns
- we have 5 vendors! 3 who are new to our hookin – Vince Tremblay who makes beautiful funky birdhouses and is our go to guy for barn wood and up cycled chippy peely trim frames – and much more; Wendo Van Essen will be back with her needlefelted items and kits and supplies; Maureen Robertson who is our Fraser rep will be joining us along with supplies and of course Carol of Willow Creek Rughooking and myself, Hooked on the Lake.
- SHOPPING OPPORTUNITY – If you were not able to register but would like to come just to shop you are welcome to drop in between 2 – 3
- Highway 10 from Perth to Westport was closed but is now open again – so no detour is necessary if you are coming from the north
- please watch out for the little critters who invariably decide that the other side of the road is a better spot to lay their eggs!
We look forward to seeing you, being inspired by your work and having a fun creative day.